Share your Recipes, Photos and Ideas with us

Submit your party food ideas and photos to:



mailto:superpartyfood@kidspartydirectory.co.za



Thursday, October 8, 2009

Garden Party

I made a flower cake for the gardening party we threw for my daughter's third birthday. To get the right shape, I traced a flower onto wax wrap, and pinned it to a round sponge cake to serve as a template.
Using a sharp knife, I cut around the template, achieving the desired shape. I iced it with pink butter icing and used jelly sweets to decorate it.

A plastic butterfly decoration finished it off.

Other snacks on offer were: Bovril and cheese
sandwiches (my daughter's favourite flavour) which I cut into flower shapes with a large cookie cutter,
mini vanilla cupcakes with plastic icing flowers, and hard boiled egg boats with cheese sails.

Tamzin - JOHANNESBURG

No comments:

Kids Party Directory's Fan Box