- 2 tablespoons popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 drop of pink colouring
- 3-4 tablespoons icing sugar (or melted white chocolate)
- a pinch of salt to taste
1. Heat vegetable oil in a medium-sized pot. Then melt butter in oil.
2. Sprinkle some popcorn kernels into the pot and swirl the pot to coat them evenly in oil. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Cover the pot with a lid and turn heat to medium. Once the kernels start popping, turn heat to low. Leave the lid slightly ajar to let the steam escape. Shake the pot vigorously once or twice to allow the rest of the kernels to pop. Popping will slow down after 1 to 2 minutes. When it comes to a complete stop, transfer it to a large bowl.
4. Put icing sugar and water in the same pot and bring it to a boil. Add a small drop of pink colouring. Stir until the icing sugar is completely dissolved. The sugar mixture should now have a caramel consistency to it. (or just melted chocolate)
5. Pour the popcorn back into the pot and stir quickly until it is evenly coated with the sugar mixture.
6.Use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate or icing sugar across the popcorn. Mix the popcorn around with the spoon to evenly distribute the chocolate. Then place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
Finally, serve and enjoy!